Smith & Nephew Acticoat | 10 x 10cm | Pack of 12
Consumables > Wound Care
Smith & Nephew
Acticoat (with Nanocrystalline Silver) † dressing is an effective antimicrobial barrier dressing. The nanocrystalline coating of silver rapidly kills a broad spectrum of bacteria in as little as 30 minutes. Acticoat dressing consists of three layers: an absorbent inner core sandwiched between outer layers of silver coated, low adherent polyethylene net. Nanocrystalline silver protects the wound site from bacterial contamination while the inner core helps maintain the moist environment optimal for wound healing.
- Nanocrystalline Silver Antimicrobial barrier
- Fast acting
- Long lasting
- Effective barrier to over 150 pathogens
- Helps prevent infection
- Reduces risk of colonization
- Effective barrier to bacterial penetration
- Helps maintain a moist wound environment
- Easy to use
- Low adherent
ACTICOAT is a Unique Antimicrobial Barrier Dressing
ACTICOAT Dressings offer powerful antimicrobial barrier protection. Only ACTICOAT maintains safe bactericidal concentrations of silver with patented nanocrystalline technology.
- ACTICOAT destroys bacteria within the dressing and at the wound site.
- Kills bacteria in vitro in as little as 30 minutes, 2-5 times faster than other forms of silver.
- The antimicrobial barrier remains effective for up to 3 days,5 increasing convenience for patient and caregiver.
- ACTICOAT is an effective barrier to a broad spectrum of wound micro-organisms
- As an antimicrobial barrier layer over partial and full-thickness wounds such as: first and second degree burns and donor and recipient graft sites, pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, and diabetic ulcers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.