Diagnostics > Respiratory
The In-check M is an inhalation airflow meter that can help educate and assess patients who use a pMDI device. Pressurised inhaler devices are designed to deliver medication to the respiratory tract. The speed of inhalation through them (the inspiratory flow) can have significant effect on the quantity of drug delivered and the clinical efficacy of the product. In-check M has been developed from the product In-check DIAL, the device is specific to pMDI use and simulates the pMDI format only. The In-check M measures inspiratory flow between 15 -120 L/min.
- Individually calibrated for absolute accuracy
- Easy to clean by simple washing
- pMDI specific; suitable for inhaler technique training
- Use with one-way valve mouthpiece to minimise cross infection
- Describes correct technique for pMDI and clinically effective range
The In-check M is used for pMDI inhaler technique training; patients can be coached by healthcare professionals to achieve appropriate inhalation airflow.